Day Dreamer.... art journal page with video tutorial

Hello everyone,

today I will share with you my new art journal tutorial in whimsical style.

Weeks ago I started with a new serie of this cute little art journal pages.

15 cm x 15 cm.

I used on the background an old technique, called Bokeh.

The name Bokeh comes from the photography (the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light)

Lots of tutorials about this technique can you find on YouTube.

TIP: It`s always fun to try new techniques, but once in a while go back to the

 beginning with a new perspective.


As a mixed media artist , I use a wide range of materials, which I have been

collected for a long time. Many mediums are still coming out of my painting period.

I chose a bright color scheme for my background which is for me a perfect combination to the

 black and white photo. My art journal pages are always embellished with little animals

(butterfly, birds, bunny, or, or, or...) I think that`s just too cute by the little children.


Day Dreamer...


I used for this page:

Ranger glossy special stamp paper.
Schmincke Acrylic Ink: Cobalt-blue, Titanium Yellow Green Shade,Scarlet, Brasil-brown
Posca Pen: white, sky-blue.
Gouache deep gold
Liquitex Aqua-green, Cadmium red
Twinkling H2Os: kiwi, guatamalan, hot cinnamon,
Stabilo pen
Pentel black brush
Prima modeling paste and black gesso.

black gesso the final touch that really set the tone for the page, this is my favorite step of the process.

Color Box Ink black
WOW clear embossing powder.
Tim Holtz stamp
DYL leaves stamp.
Hero Arst unicorn pigmebt Ink
Versafine onyx black Ink.

There is also a video tutorial for you...




My dear blog readers thank you so much for reading my blog post.

Have a beautiful day.

xoxo

Heike







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Holidays Blog Hop 2017 Door Hanger by Heike`s AugenBlick

Live Your Life

Guest Design Layout