Scrap Fx Australia #2 December Scrapbook Layout

 Hello my dear blog reader,

and welcome to my second blog post for this month for the company ScrapFx.

Here is the link: http://www.scrapfx.com.au/blog/

I hope your Christmas was filled with lots of happiness, love and laughter.

For my second blog post I was inspired by the abstract art of Hilma at Klint.

Hilma at Klint was an Swedish artist born in 1862.


The Swan 1940 Hilma at Klint.

This is the painting which inspired me the most.

I have consciously placed the women photo in the middle of my scrapbook page, 

just as Hilma at Klint did by her painting the Swan (picture above).

I don`t know what inspired you, or what motivated you to create art. 

I my case it was the abstract art from Robert Rauschenbach, Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning and

Hilma at Klint. But there are so many more artist which I really love.

I like to scroll through art books, that is for me the best inspiration and motivation

to make and create art. 


ART MAKES THE SOUL GROW.


I don't know if you feel the same way but the eye immediately pulls to the photo when you look at the layout above. That is so cool!
This effect arises when you paint the focale point in a different color than the background. Important here is that the focale point is not decorated with embellishments. The embellishments reduce the strong contrast between the photo and background.
And you knew it already, I like to be a bit different, at least in my scrapbook art.

A closer look.


The skull images is actually a collage paper sheet from ScrapFx, designed by Tanya Froud.
I painted some parts of the skull design with bigbrush pens. My photo is from Finnabair.


For a little bit texture on my page, I added to all wet stamp images WOW embossing powder in the color black.


Before I added all my stamping work, I started with Archival ink and the beautiful new 
river bubbles stencil from ScrapFx. Above you can see it a bit, under the stamp images.

A closer look to my background work.



I started on a glossy paper sheet with markmaking lines.
Therefor I used red, yellow and orange Crayons, Inktense-pencils and Polychromos-pencils.
After that I added a layer clear gesso from 13@rts. 


I used for my next step a palett-knife and orange acrylic color and after that I added
 in the wet paint markmaking lines with a toothpick. The orange color is applied thickly. After adding the color it takes a little time to dry. After the color is dried, I did the same step with another acrylic color but this time in  the color red. And last but not least my third color was white acrylic paint. 
But this time I have no markmaking lines attached in the wet paint with the toothpick.
I wanted to have the white color nicely smooth for my next steps.


I used from ScrapFx:

Skulls & Roses by Tanya Froud collage paper

Art Inspiration rice paper

Circle collage stamps

Journey stamp

Number Crunch stamps

Scratchings & Scribble stamp

Art Words transparency

Label Maker Negative transparency

River Bubbles stencil

Please use the link above for your visit of the company ScrapFx.


I hope I was able to inspire you to create with the beautiful products of ScrapFx.

And if you need a little inspiration, give it a try and look at art books. 

With that in mind, I would like to wish you all the best for the coming New Year.

Until then.

xoxo

Heike

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Holidays Blog Hop 2017 Door Hanger by Heike`s AugenBlick

Live Your Life

Guest Design Layout