Art Playground DT member post

Hello

and welcome to the new challenge on the blog from Art Playground.

Here is the link: artplaygroundblog

We have this month a beautiful mood-board  in grey and brown shades.

With the challenge theme "the muse"

Image may contain: water

Oh my ...... what a fantastic theme and mood board to play and explain with.

The muses in the history..

The muses are the goddesses of inspiration of literature, science and the art in Greek mythology.

They were daughters of Zeus, king of the gods, and Mnemosyne, titan goddess of memory.

The nine daughters are:

1)  Calliope: epic, poetry.

2) Clio: history.

3) Euterpe: music, song,lyric, poetry.

4) Erato: love poetry.

5) Melpomene: tragedy.

6) Polyhymnia: hymns.

7) Terpsichore: dance.

8) Thalia: comedy.

9) Urania: astronomy.

The most beautiful painting about The Muses is a fresco painting by the artist Raphael

in the Palace of the Vatican in Rome (1509-1511) " The Parnassus" with Apollo.

Image result for the parnassus

What doses the muse...

The muse often inspires the creativity of her creative partners,

for example: her character, her meaning, her personality, her beauty can be the

inspiration for the artist.


Female muses: Grace Kelly- Alfred Hitchcock,

                         Audrey Hepburn- Hubert de Givenchy,

                         Isabella Blow- Alexander McQueen.

                         Emilie Louise Flöge- Gustav Klimt

                       

But there is also...

 the artist who is his own muse. Frida Kahlo:

She said: I am my own muse, the subject I know best...

 The Mexican painter has become a global icon and muse.


The Muse in quotes...

William Shakespeare.

o! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention.

K.D. Lang.

I just really allowed my muse to be my guide and I just go with whatever I`m feeling.

Nikita Gill.

You asked me what you mean to me. My darling, you are my poetry.


But what about the male muses?

my own muse is my husband Jörgen, his incredible knowledge of everything

 impresses and inspires me again and again...

Photo from my muse...



But Jörgen is not the only male muse there is:

Muse: George Dyer- Artist Francis Bacon. (Irish.born British figurative painter)

Muse: Levin Schüking- Artist Annette von Droste-Hülshoff. (was a 19th.century German writer and composer)

Muse: Ted Hughes- Artist Sylvia Plath.(was an American poet, novelist and short story writer)

Muse: Andreas Kronthaler- Artist Vivienne Westwood.(British fashion artist)

Muse: Baptist Giabiconi- Artist Karl Lagerfeld. (German fashion artist)


For the Art Playground challenge I created a page with Distress Ink in my Ranger  art journal book.

I find the harmony on my page between my muse and the colors matches perfectly.

That layout represented my muse and my ART !! I love that ...What do you think?..

Love Letter to my muse....








I used for this art journal page:
Distress Ink and Oxide,
Sandra Hobbyshop stencil,
Loast Coast design stamp,
Viva decor stamp,
De Stempelwinkel NL stamp,
Posca pen,
7 Dots Studio sticker.
Finnabair black Gesso.

I hope I could inspire you a bit.

Maybe you have time and fun to play this month with us.

Until next time.

xoxo
Heike
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Holidays Blog Hop 2017 Door Hanger by Heike`s AugenBlick

Live Your Life

Guest Design Layout