Scrap Fx Australia blog post

Hello lovely blog reader,

now we have only three days left, and then the new year begins.

For me it will be an exciting new year. So as: designing for my favorite company Scrap Fx Australia, next to More than Words and Nomadic Soul Diaries challenge sites. Additionally, I have one or the other guest design post and also there will be another new German-language summer course (maybe even in English) so it will be a creative new year for me. Of course I hope that I will find time to do a few tutorials for my YouTube channel.

But first I will inspire you with my last dt member project for the year 2019.

I created an art journal page with a Christmas card from our friends.


Simple art journal layout.
I used  DIN4 watercolor paper for my background.
I added Distress Ink in the color peeled paint and evergreen bough to the beautiful stencil Art Deco
Then I stamped with the same Distress Ink and stamps from my stuff.
After that I altered the edges with Distress Ink in the color vintage photo.
Now it was time for the color black.
I used for this step two stencils called Word of Wisdom and Mechanical Time and Distress Archival Ink in black. As the black color was dried I scribbled with a white ball-pen.
I used for my chipboards curly corner two red acrylic colors and red glitter
and for the word chipboards #family black gesso.
After that I glued paper doileys behind my photo and then I glued my focal point and all the chipboards and the mini frame on my page.
A little bit black color for splattering, washi tape and lots of glitter, microbeads,glass glitter and stars and my layout was done.
Here are some close up photos.





My second project is a book cover with lots of dimension and texture.


The book is actually not a book but rather my kraft, black and white cardstock-block, which I use for small projects as cards, ATC`s etc, etc...
I started with embossing a piece of white cardstock and the embossing folder "chicken wire" from Cuttlebug and an embossingfolder from Darice called "ticket".
After that I added lots of layers of acrylic paint to my embossed cardstock. My color choice was this time earthy tones.
Then I added on two pieces of packing paper lots of acrylic color also Seth Apter baked texture
and for the finishing touch Finnabair wax. Seven glue dots on my right site for embellishments
which I have painted with Alcohol Ink and a black string behind my chickenwire chipboard.
For my focal point I decided to create a bit of farm house style with the farm chipboards and the chickenwire chipboard from ScrapFx.
I painted the chipboards farmyard set and chickenwire with black gesso. After that I added raw umber acrylic paint.
Six white color stripes on the edges, where I painted black dots on it, for a little bit light on my page.
Word stickers and tiny paper dolls from Tim Holtz for the finishing touch.
Here are some close up photos.




I used from Scrap Fx Australia:

Art Deco stencil Art Deco stencil

Mechanical Time stencil Mechanical Time stencil

Words of Wisdom stencil Words of Wisdom stencil

Curly Corner LARGEcurly corner chipboard

Chicken Wire, medium chicken wire chipboard

Farmyard Set farmyard set chipboard

#family #family words

Please my dear blog reader for order and information click on the link below:

http://www.scrapfx.com.au/blog/



Now I want to say goodbye to you.

I hope I could inspire you.

I look forward to seeing you again in the new year.

I wish you all the best for


xoxo



                                                                                Heike




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Holidays Blog Hop 2017 Door Hanger by Heike`s AugenBlick

Live Your Life

Guest Design Layout