Guest Design Scrapbook Page " How deep is your love""

 Hello

and welcome to my first guest design blog post for the company Shimmerz Paints.

If you are also interested in what the desingers from Shimmerz Paint create,

here is the blog post link: Shimmerz Paint Blog


I had the honor to create with the May "Flower Power Honey" paper kit.

Of course I created a scrapbook layout in mixed media style, that is what I like to do.

The paper kit comes in soft pastel, yellow and brown colors. 

The  paper-design reminds me a little bit of the seventies

and of course of the most played music begin 1970.

The Bee Gees with:

                                                  "How deep is your Love,

                                                    I really mean to learn.

                                                    Cause we`re living in a world of fools.

                                                    Breaking us down when they all should let us be.

                                                   We belong to you and me".

But anyway, back to my guest design inspiration.

HAPPY DAYS...


A closer look to my page:

And a little explanation about my background work.

The paper from Shimmerz Paint has a good quality already with a smooth surface.

I started with two layers of Clear Gesso on my front side and one layer on the back side.

Between my medium layers I make sure that everything is dried very well.

That means I have a enough time to prepair my next steps or I drink a good cup of tea.

My next step was adding Modeling paste to a stencil  and

 I coverd the wet paste with white embossing powder. 

After my embossing powder was heat embossed I started with coloring.

Therfore I used the Shimmerz Paint: Chip Mauve The Ol`Block Spray,

Egg Noggin Spray, Pink Lemonade Spray, Blingz Pixie Dust and Shimmerz Golden Wheat.

I used as my tool a small rond brush, a brush gives me more control over the liquid paint.

If you visit my blog often and you know my style then you surely know that I like to add

black gesso to my layouts, and that was, what I did here as well.

Following with black stamp images.

After my background was done I painted the mould objects with Shimmerz Golden Wheat

and Pink Lemonade Spray. 

My focal point is a snap shot photo from Tim Holtz´s photo collection. Behind the photo I added

 paper from the flower power honey collection.  

Decorated with Shimmerz Paint embelishments.

Final touch Pixie Dust stripes on the black gesso parts.

Done!!






This is a photo from the May paper collection called : Flower Power Honey


So my dear blog reader this was my first guest design post.

I hope you like my Shimmerz Paint inspiration and you will visit my blog

for my second guest design inspiration.

Have a wonderful creative day.

Until then.

Hugs Heike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Holidays Blog Hop 2017 Door Hanger by Heike`s AugenBlick

Live Your Life

"Trendy" -13arts Scrapbook Layout-