ScrapFx Australia inspiration November #1

 Hello my dear blog reader,

welcome to my first blog post in the month of November.

Here is the link to the company ScrapFx. Please use this link also for your visit:

http://www.scrapfx.com.au/blog/

I created for you an art journal page, a scrapbook layout and a mixed media project.

We had in The Netherlands a couple of rainy days.

Perfect for this kind of hobby, right...

I also have a new desk with the matching chair and with the view in my garden.

I'm such a happy girl that I have a place to create and I enjoy my favorite place, every day.

But anyway.

Here is my first inspiration.

Ancestral memory, a little mixed media art.




This little piece of art is my decoration on my new desk.
So lovely.
I started on a mini easel with a layer of black Gesso.
After the Gesso was dry I added with a dry brush acrylic color in blue, rust brown 
and patina green. My next step was painting the beautiful chipboards of ScrapFx
with the same colors from the easel. For the finishing touch of the chipboards I used embossing powder and vintage wax.
I don't know if you have also a little treasure box on your desk, with little pieces from friends, kids, from the nature or, or, or... I found in this treasure box a photo. I think it's a photo fromTim Holtz or Finnabair, doesn't matter. I wanted to have an old effect on this photo. I added to the photo Ink refresher from Ranger. After the photo was dry I added Distress Ink to the photo and acrylic glitter ink.
Fuzzy-cut stamp images with Distress glaze embossing powder. Silver folie 3D flower with alcohol ink
and another treasure from my desk box. I glued the whole thing together with a piece of laces between.
3D medium products as finishing touch and I was done.


My next inspiration is an art journal page.






Most of all I prefer for my art journal pages DIN A4 watercolor paper, which I keep in clear plastic folie.
This kind of art journal storage works best for me.
For this art journal page my focale point was the beautiful gothic-window stamp from ScrapFx.
My color combination was dusty rose and mint green chalk paint. I stamped also with this chalk paint.
For adding the color to the stamp I used a little cut-and-dry foam from Ranger, perfect for this step and kind of work.

And last but not least my scrapbook layout in abstract style.

Create your own path...



I started on a white cardstock in the size 12 inch by 12 inch which I covered with clear Gesso.

Gesso is a perfect base and layer between paper and mediums.

I have different gessos in my assortment. For white backgrounds I prefer Krylon spray gesso.

For design paper backgrounds I prefer 13@rts acrylic base gesso and for mixed media projects I prefer 

Liquites gesso. I have also already used self-made gesso but quickly realized that a project

 also needs good material to bring the colors to life.

For the fantastic chipboards of ScrapFx I prefer black gesso or white gesso as base.

For my  scrapbook layout  today I used for the chipboards black gesso and then

acrylic color in two different blue shades.

You know me already, I really love abstract art and  I'm not afraid to connect different styles.

 There are the folkart flower chipboards called: fabulous flowers. The black and white photo from 1950s and the metal flowers and the collage paper combine perfectly together.

Scribbeling and transparency for a wonderful abstract finishing touch.

This kind of art makes me happy:)


I used for my dt member projects :

Blueprint ricepaper

Veined Leaf LARGE Black silhouette

Fabulous Flowers chipboard

Chevron Panel chipboard



Thank you so much for your visit.
I see you for my second blog post.
xoxo
Heike



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Holidays Blog Hop 2017 Door Hanger by Heike`s AugenBlick

Live Your Life

Guest Design Layout