Scrap Fx blog post #1

 Hello my dear blog reader,

Heike here from Heike`s AugenBlick and I am your host for today.

With Halloween around the corner, I decided to create a scrapbook page

in mixed media style with the theme "Halloween".

I love everything that has to do with Halloween. The decoration, the creepyness,

the costumes and and and...

It`s just so sad that Halloween doesn`t play a big role here in Europe.

My dream is: I want to spend Halloween in Disney-Land America.

That must be so cool.

How about you, do you like Halloween too? 

But anyway..

Keep calm and create


I started my layout on a paper-sheet from the "Down under" paper collection from 13@rts

which I covered with two layers of clear gesso. After my gesso was dry, I added Archival red ink

to a stencil from ScrapFx. Then I stamped with the same Archival red ink and a stamp from ScrapFx.

Archival ink becomes waterproof after drying the ink with a heat tool. Red liquid paint as teardrop. 

I made my embellishments with Tim Holtz Big DIEs. 

The coffin and my title are from ScrapFx and I painted them both with black gesso.

After that I felt I needed more stamp imges on my background. 

I stamped with versafine ink and I added to the wet ink WOW black embossing powder.

After melting the embossing powder I painted yellow spots to the stamp images 

 and I added black gesso on the edges.

Some orange pen lines and my background was done. 


My next inspiration is an art journal page.


I started my art journal page on a DIN 4 format watercolorpaper.

My first layer was turquise and yellow acrylic paint from Deco Art 

which I added with my brayer. After that I stamped with Archival ink in the same color

palet as my acrylic paint and ScrapFx stamps. My next step was adding stamp images with

 black Archival ink. After adding my focal point I painted yellow highlights and some 

yellow painted chipboards to my page. My title is  the new collage paper from ScrapFx 

which I glued on cardstock for a 3D effect.

I used from ScrapFx:

Art Inspiration rice paper


Circle Patterns transparency

Men in Black  

Microbes stamp

Triangle Pentagons stencil Halloween layout

Circuitry Bits chipboard art journal page

Chronicles of Time chipboard title Halloween layout

Casket, Dracula coffin chipboard Halloween layout



Please, my dear blog reader, use this link for your visit by ScrapFx:

http://www.scrapfx.com.au/blog/ 

Stay safe.

xoxo

Heike






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Holidays Blog Hop 2017 Door Hanger by Heike`s AugenBlick

Live Your Life

Guest Design Layout