Scrap Fx DT post

Hello, hello, hello...

I am back from my vacation in France,

what a fantastic and beautiful country.

But anyway,

I did for my dt member work another mixed media mini book

with lots of stamps and stencil work. For my embellishments

I used chipboards and transparency.

Let´s start.

Happy Birthday.....


My color choice for this book was: Old Holland acrylics in red, blue, black, white and gold.
The ribbon is a piece from my grandmothers tablecloth.
 Unfortunately, the tablecloth has so much dirty spots which I cannot get cleaned. But that beautiful fabric in the memory of my grandmother was reason enough to keep it for my art work!!
 I cut it in strips for my mixed media work and voila I have a piece of memory art work!


I started with a black paper sheet 30 cm x 40 cm.
Then I scored  horizontally on 15 cm
and I scored  vertically on 10 cm, 20 cm and 30cm.
After that I cut out a piece of paper on the top, exactly from the 10 cm score line to the 30 cm score line.
My next step was collage-work with old vintage paper.


Okay, after my collage-work was done and  completely dried, I started with a layer of clear Gesso.
After that I added a layer of white paint with the palette knife.
Now my favorite part: stencil and stamp work...YAH!!


My next step was another palette knife work with black, blue and red color.
Finally it is time for embellishing with transparency, photos and chipboards.
Mark making with Posca pen and pencils.




On the left site the mandala transparency over the number crunch stamp.


My circle party chipboard as window for the girl photo images and the Happy Birthday vellum.


On the left site I have a red color phototransfer. Can you see it?


I am so in love with the flower bud stencil..


After two days of my background work I thought about it: I miss something else.
So I have attached a piece of vellum-paper 10 cm x 30 cm on the left and right site.
I glued  photos on the vellum-paper also I did a little bit stitching work and words as embellishments.
The photos are from Tim Holtz and Finnabair.



Here you can see, which part was cut out from the black background paper.


I used from ScrapFx:
Mandala stamp
Chicken Wire Stamp
Number Crunch stamps
Chevron Panel stamp
Square collage stamps
Circle collage stamps
Circles & Squares stamp
Art Deco Panel stamp

Flower Buds stencil

Art Phrases transparency
Art Words transparency
Bookprint transparency
Mandala transparency

Circle - Party
2019 Year Pack

Happy Birthday BLUE


So my dear blog readers,
this was my dt member work for June.
I see you in July.
Until then...
xoxo
Heike






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Holidays Blog Hop 2017 Door Hanger by Heike`s AugenBlick

Live Your Life

Guest Design Layout