Scrap The Boys February challenge with video tutorial

Hello and good morning everyone,

today I want to introduce you to the new February challenge on the

blog from Scrap The Boys.

We have as February challenge a color selection in blue and green tones and

there are three words you can work with: Explore, Dream and Discover.

The colors are not a must do, but the theme "outdoors" has to be on your page.

Image may contain: text

I have chosen for a recent photo of my son Joshua.

Joshua did a 7 months internship in South Africa.

Jörgen my husband and I visited him for almost three weeks at the end of November 2017.

During this visit, we made a tour to Jeffreys Bay a must be for surfers.

Yes, this is where the photo was taken.

I can only say that my husband and I feel in love with South Africa.

But now back to the challenge for Scrap The Boys.

buy the way here is the link to the blog from Scrap the Boys: Scrap The Boys

I used for this layout;

My Mind`s Eye Stella and Rose paper,

13@arts clear gesso,

White gesso,

StazOn jet black and teal blue Ink,

Sternenstaub heindesign  embossingpowder, Aqua Glitzer, Dunkles Türkis,

Lindy`s Stamp Gang Spray: Shabby Turbine teal and Time Travel Teal,

Finnabair Black gesso,

Amsterdam Acrylic light blue,

WOW embossing,

Unity stamp company Hello Beautiful,

Tim Holtz and Dylusions stamps.

One of my favorite techniques is to put many mediums on top of each other to play with

colors and to keep the embellishments / decoration simple so that the background gets the full

attention. Actually, I liked to design my scrapbook pages on white background paper but that I

will change a bit. In the last years, I have collected a lot of scrapbook design paper

with the plan to make great projects with them like mini-books, tags or cards. This never happened

because my passion for the 30 cm x 30 cm pages is still fascinating me so much that I

do not want to do anything else but 30x30 projects on scrapbook design paper in the moment.

But anyway: Here is now my layout for you...

DREAM...









I used for my embellishments: black sisal, wood chipboard, lace, sequin,

paper circles from left over paper.

For those who are interested to see how I made the layout. Here is a video tutorial.





I hope that I could inspire you and that you will have the pleasure and time to join us this month.

There is a change in our blog. We have now a new international design team which of course is great

because so many different styles come together and you can see a lot of pages that inspire you.

So do not forget to have a look on the blog from Scrap The Boys.

Thank you so much for your interest, see you next time again !

Have a great day.

xoxo Heike






.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Holidays Blog Hop 2017 Door Hanger by Heike`s AugenBlick

Live Your Life

Guest Design Layout